Wellnessocean Acupressure Travel Mat Blue
View more details
The Wellnessocean Acupressure mat is a cotton mat with tiny points attached to it. You lie, sit or stand on it, and the points stimulate the skin, giving and incredibly effective acupressure treatment. Already popular in Scandinavia for daily use to relieve, stress, pain, tension and insomnia, this mat is for everyone who wants to feel their best. The mat works by increasing the body's own natural endorphin levels (natural pain relievers) and stimulating the production of oxytocin (a relaxing hormone).
The acupressure offered by Wellnessocean Acupressure mat presents a great alternative to other considered therapies, expensive equipment and drug therapies.
Stress, backache, menstrual problems and insomnia are just some of the conditions reported to improve with Wellnessocean Acupressure mat.
This simple mat, based on the Ancient Indian "bed of nails" can change your life in just 15 minutes a day - all by just lying down.
The Wellnessocean Acupressure mat uses century old benefits of acupressure to help the body heal itself from stress, back pain, insomnia, high blood pressure and other conditions. Acupressure stimulates the body to release endorphins inside a person's body. These endorphins are also known as the feel good hormones because they promote a positive energy inside the body and also trigger a calming, soothing relaxation. When these endorphins are released blood pressure decreases, meanwhile blood circulation to the body is greatly increased.
The following research has been conducted and it lists many benefits:
Russian Research Study
Traditional Eastern healing methods and Western folk remedies include a number of skin stimulation techniques, the most common of which is massage and the most sophisticated is acupressure. The "bed of nails", long favored by certain Hindu mystics, probably shares an underlying mechanism with acupuncture. A modern version of the bed of nails was invented about fifteen years ago by a lay Russian person, Ivan Kuznetzov, for his own use as a kind of self-acupuncture device. It turned out to be extremely successful in relieving and curing a large number of common ailments in Russia, in 1982, when it was being tested at The Institute of Experimental Surgery.
US Research Study, 1996
We suggest that, since this type of skin stimulation has been repeatedly shown to elicit reflexes causing release of endorphins into the blood stream, most of the reported results can be explained by the mobilisation of this particular type of endogenous stress and pain-protective mechanism. We also consider important the local blood flow increase as well as the involvement of dozens of acupoints activated during the procedure. In the most used position of the Panacea upon the upper to lower back, the acupoints involved can be expected to provide the following effects:
- Strengthening the liver, spleen and kidney
- Alleviating headaches, fatigue,depression and insomnia
- Easing spinal problems, sciatica, muscle spasms and cramps
- Activation the immune system
- Relief of flu, cold and asthma
- Regulation of digestion and elimination
- Improvement of conditions of cystitis, diarrhoea, haemorrhoids and PMS
Recommended by Doctors
“Wellnessocean Acupressure Mat: Acupressure mats provide natural and powerful back-pain relief and body and mind relaxation. Using an acupressure mat helps to increase your parasympathetic nervous system and get you into deep relaxation before sleep.”
-New York Times best selling author, “Eat Fat, Get Thin” Mark Hyman, MD
94% Improved sleep quality
98% Muscle pain relief
96% Deep relaxation
Roll It Up
• Roll the mat up and use it for a neck and head massage, or for the small of your back.
Use It Flat
• Lay the mat flat for a back massage or step on it (with socks on) for a reflexology foot massage.
• Press any painful muscle areas against the stimulation points for a deep tissue massage whenever you need to soothe stiffness and reduce inflammation which causes muscle pain.
Take It With You
• Wellnessocean Travel Mats are a small, convenient size for easy transport.
• On a plane, or a long car ride, nothing works as well for reducing Sciatica pain as the travel mat rolled up and pressed against your lower back area.
“After 15 minutes on the Wellnessocean Acupressure Mat my legs and back felt so relaxed – it was amazing. I am definitely using this great tool after any hard training session and recommending it to all my athletes.”
-Humberto Olivo, USA Cycling Elite Coach & USA Triathlon Coach